Jantom is the romantic pairing between Janna Ordonia and Tom Lucitor.
Popularity in the Fandom
Though they've recently met in "Stump Day," this ship is incredibly popular. Ever since the hiatus after "Bon Bon the Birthday Clown," people have been looking for new material to ship, so, due to their alike personalities, they made Jantom. It's very common to see drawings of a future Jantom with a future Starco, as the two are often shipped together. Holding hands (hand and foot really) has also made them popular as they also smiled at each other (see the picture) obviously meaning they have no hard feelings against each other.
Since the episode "Sophomore Slump" there has been disagreement over much of the fandom whether Jantom or Tomkie is more likely.
In "Stump Day," it is shown that Janna and Tom have already met, and even though there wasn't much interaction between them, this ship can be considered for the future.
Despite this ship having next-to-no romantic interaction, and thus fitting the definition of a 'crack ship', there are many fans of this ship. Of the fans, most of them also ship starco, which could explain why many people ship, possibly as a way for Tom to 'get out of the way' of starco.
Even though they've recently met in "Stump Day", their probability is set low since not much interaction between them is seen.
Janna and Tom have, however held hands (hand and foot) in 'Stump Day' whilst smiling at each other, clearly stating there are no hard feelings. Therefore giving them a good start to (if possible) making Jantom canon.
- In "Blood Moon Ball", Janna and Jackie are both staring at Tom as he walks by.
- In "Stump Day," Tom and Janna seem to have met each other. When Star chases the Mariachis, Janna tells Tom, "That's my girl!"
- In "Stump Day," when everyone reached for each others hands, Janna grabbed Tom's shoe, both smiling
- Towards the end of "Curse of the Blood Moon", Janna claims she is now '' a half-demon", after severing her soul, this serving as a plausible suggestion towards this relationship.
- In “Junkin’ Janna”, the two seem to have fun with each other. However, the episode shows that they don’t have much of a bond, relationship-wise, as Janna tricked Tom to hanging out with her just to blast a bird, and throughout the episode, they seem to be more concerned about getting their own items than to actually hanging out with each other.
- In “Jannanigans” Tom endorses Janna’s room.
- In “Mama Star” Janna complements Tom by saying “all guys should have three eyes”, this could be seen as flirting.